As is also true of other Packt publications in its “WordPress” series, notably Heather R. Wallace’s WordPress 3 Site Blueprints, Tessa Blakeley Silver`s WordPress 3.0 jQuery, and Brandon Corbin’s WordPress Top Plug Ins, Silver again provides about as much information, insights, and advice that I need to in order to work effectively with my website team. Our shared objective: To co-create professional (i.e. “commercial strength”) themes.
- WordPress plugin basics for both Macs and PCs
- About those that focus exclusively on 100% free and open plugins
- Screenshots for each plugin that are organized by complexity to install and manage
- Search Terms for automatic installation of plugins
- Instructions on configuring and setting up the more complex plugins
- The eBook available as PDF and ePub downloads and also on PacktLib
In another review, I will share what I learned from Tessa Baker Silver’s Word Press Theme Design, a volume that provides a complete guide to creating professional WordPress themes.